Monday, May 02, 2005

Gearing Up

Well...

This month I'll turn 60 years of age. People tell me that I should look forward to this day with a sense of accomplishment and pride. I've been trying to take their advice, but I'm afraid I'm looking toward my birthday with a certain amount of trepidation and gloom.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not ashamed of my age nor depressed about turning 60, but when I say that I'll be 60, it has a certain air of finality about it. It sounds so much older than 59.

I'm not expressing my feelings very well and that's why I've starting this blog. It'll give me a means of venting, looking inward, and, hopefully, getting some feedback from those of you out there who have already passed this hurdle (or milestone if you will) or are approaching it as I am.

I'll be updating almost daily. Check back often and please respond with your comments.

1 comment:

Dennis said...

Well Pluff... I've read all of your posts in their reverse order and must admit I can identify... at 51 years of age I can identify with much of what you're saying here. I'm the youngest of five boys in our family... the oldest will be turning 60 next month and is a bit axious about that as well. We keep in contact weekly by phone... by email. He's sharing his thoughts with me regarding his next age "leap" and I must say it sounds like you're sharing a common theme.

I'll be looking forward to "that day" myself... I'm just not sure HOW I'll be looking forward to it. In the meantime I'm going to continue to imagine my bones are still made of rubber, albeit less resilient rubber but rubber none-the-less.

Take care...

fyrcop